Payments to suppliers
Good agreements relating to payment are obviously part of a well set-up procurement process. We constantly look for ways of improving our supplier payment process.
Which is why we only use digital invoicing; a fast and reliable way of sending invoices, which generates cost savings for both NS and our suppliers. Various options are possible depending on the invoice volume and the ability to integrate with your software.
- Suppliers which send fewer than 100 invoices per year to NS are advised to invoice in PDF format;
- If a supplier sends more than 100 invoices per year to NS, V-printing can be used to manage this process. This is a method for sending invoices to Basware;
- Suppliers who send more than 250 invoices per year can use E-invoice in Basware;
- Finally, the invoices can also be sent via the Ariba Network. The Ariba Network is ideal for suppliers who also wish to offer e-ordering. For example, to allow NS employees to order products from an electronic catalogue.
We advise you to talk to your designated contact or NS Procurement Support to identify the most suitable solution.
When you send an invoice to NS, it has to comply with following requirements. If these requirements are not met, the invoice cannot be processed and will be returned to you.
- your name and address
- your customer’s name and address
- your VAT identification number
- your company registration number
- the invoice number
- the invoice date
- the date on which the goods or services were supplied
- the quantity of goods or services supplied
- the nature and type of goods or services supplied
Invoices must also include the following data for every VAT tariff or exemption:
- the price per piece or unit, excluding VAT
- any reductions that are not included in the price
- the VAT tariff that has been applied
- the cost (the price excluding VAT)
- in case of advance payment: the date of payment, if this is different from the invoice date
- the amount of VAT
In some cases your VAT identification number must also be included on the invoice. This is the case for export of goods to other EU countries and for certain services involved thereby, such as transport services. Your VAT identification number must also be included on the invoice in cases of reverse-charging.
Additional NS requirements:
- Correct Legal Entity of NS
- NS Purchase order number
- Land of origin
- Weight (kilo) of shipment
- Commodity of goods/services